What: Bible Study
When: Sundays, immediately after worship and coffee time
11:00am – Noon
ST. PAUL’S EVANGELICAL COVENT CHURCH BIBLE STUDY
The St. Paul’s Bible Study just finished a great study of Dr. David Jeremiah’s book Captured by Grace. Following is an excerpt with an enlightened perspective of how we may not see some blessings and gifts we have as Christians worshiping in America.*
- If you own just one Bible, you are abundantly blessed. Most people in the world do not.
- If you woke up this morning more healthy than ill, you are more blessed than 1 million people that will not survive the week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of more than 500 million people around the world.
- If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, roof over your head, and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish somewhere, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If you prayed yesterday and today, you are in the minority because you believe in God’s willingness to hear and answer prayer.
- If you have the ability to choose between churches where you may freely worship, you have a blessing many people in this world do not.
- If you are a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, you live with the daily assurance that you will have eternal life, and that your Savior has gone to prepare a mansion for you in glory for you. Millions of people believe this sad life is all there is.
Highlight some, cut this page out, share with your family or a friend. But most of all, take none of it for granted. Ever! To do so would be minimizing all God has given us.
*Excerpt from Captured By Grace, 2006 pgs. 189—190